Running a carpet cleaning business should no longer be a complicated task with the introduction of modern technology. Everything should be at your fingertips – you should be able to manage your business anywhere, anytime.
A hassle-free business management is achievable if you have the right tools and software. It should allow you to focus on running your business, not running around chasing customers.
So what makes a reliable carpet cleaning software?
It should make you more efficient in running the day to day business operation. It could get complicated that is why carpet cleaning applications and software were designed with efficiency and convenience in mind. It gives you more time to focus on important aspects of the business.
Efficient employee and project management are essential to running a smooth business.
Sometimes, there would be instances when your employees are unable to complete a job at the estimated time. You may need to re-assign a project to another team. The software should allow to copy and paste or drag and drop all project details into a team’s folder. The information should also be easily accessible to them with due notification.
A missed or late appointment is bad for your business. When people hire you, they expect you to come on time and the scheduled date. Remember that everyone’s time is valuable so you should give them due consideration.
The software should have an efficient scheduling tool. It allows you to quickly update dates/time or reschedule appointments
- A calendar that provides reminders is necessary. It should enable you to keep your appointments and schedules. Some even have detailed maps to track routes to areas where a project needs to be completed. It could even give your employees detailed street directions to get to the destination on time.
- Sending client’s invoices should be possible with just a click of a button. It should not take you long to do this job. A quick invoice system allows you to get paid faster. It also provides automated payment reminders, so you get up to date with your finances.
- After sending an invoice, the software should give your client to conduct all transactions online – check statements and pay online. There should be a secure link they could click to send payments. It should also provide several payment options.
- Marketing is an essential business tool. Never settle for software that doesn’t have this feature. It should allow you to automatically send emails to previous clients for special offers, and other advertising messages.
- Analyzing and evaluating where your business stands is a must. You should be able to download reports and statistics and plan business strategies.
- A successful business often has multiple locations. The software should allow you to manage multiple locations under one account. It must not complicate things for you.
- Many states require cleaning companies to keep track of the chemical and pesticide used on the job. The software should be able to track this information from records and compile a list that can be downloaded.
To better know what the software can do, avail of no-obligation free trials which usually lasts for 14 days. The 14-day trial should give you sufficient time to test it and decide if it’s the right one for you.